Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Mahdī (محمد بن الحسن المهدي), also known as Imam Zaman (Persian: امام زمان), is believed by Twelver Shī‘a Muslims to be the Mahdī, an eschatological redeemer of Islam and ultimate savior of humankind and the final Imām of the Twelve Imams who will emerge with Isa (Jesus Christ) in order to fulfill their mission of bringing peace and justice to the world. Twelver Shī‘a believe that al-Mahdī was born in 869 (15 Sha‘bān 255 AH) and assumed Imamate at 5 years of age following the killing of his father Hasan al-Askari.
The nearness to Imam Zaman (AS) can be achieved by :
1. Living with him all the time, in your heart,so you love him more than you love yourself and your family.
2. Remembering him in practice, that you do not say or act before being sure that he will be happy with your act.
3. Remembering him and saluting him and reciting his Ziyarat, and
continuous prayers for him in our Namaz and after Namaz and in all the situations.
4. Doing good deeds on his behalf like doing good to your parents, relatives and people especially the poor and needy, then gifting the reward to Imam Zaman ( AS),
5. Preparing yourself to be a humble servant of Imam Zaman (AS). This can be practiced now in serving any Momin or any good cause which is in the frame of the teachings of Imam Zaman (AS).
6. Reciting Du'a Al-A'hd every day in which we re confirm out allegiance to Imam Zaman (AS).
7. Reciting Ziyarat Aal Yaseen which has great benefits for us and it makes us more near to him.سلام على آل ياسين
السلام عليك يا داعي الله ورباني اياته
There is no doubt that Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) guides many sincere scholars and believers when ever and where ever it is required. Many of our great Marji's are been guided by the Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) when ever Allah (SWT) wants the Marji’ to be guided by the Imam Al-Mahdi (AS).
No Marji’ tells people that Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) told him or gave him a message to people because this is forbidden during the major occultation, but after the passing away of someMarji’s it can be inspired through authentic sources who lived with him, that he met the Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) and was guided by him in certain matter or situation.
This guidance is not only for some Marji’s but also for many sincere believers all over the world. Those sincere believers who get this great honour will never make it public.
1. Imam Al-Mahdi ( AS) during his major occultation meets , teaches, and helps people , but people do not recognize him during the meeting but very few of the very pious believers who have a high degree in faith and know him.
2. Pious believers never claim nor disclose meeting Imam Al-Mahdi (AS). Pious believers know that Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) must be away from the enemies, so they do not disclose any information about him.
3. Those who claim in public that they met Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) or brought a message from him, can never be trusted.
4. Hundreds of very pious Ulama and believers have met Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) in hundreds of occasions. Many books were compiled in this subject by great scholars like Al-Muhaddith al-Noori in his book Dar Assalam and others.
5. We pray in Du'a al-'Ahd دعاء العهد to be granted seeing the face of our Imam Al-Mahdi (AS): اللهم أرني الطلعة الرشيدة والغُرّة الحميدة واكحل ناظري بنظرة مني إليه.
This means that seeing him during the major occultation is possible for certain very pious persons.
The deputies of the 12th Imam ( AS) during this time being in the major occultation are the most learned pious scholars who are recognized as Maraaji' of Taqleed. This is the guidelines which came from the 12th Imam (AS) to all Muslims after the forth special deputy Ali Ibn Muhammad Al-Samari.
Wasa'il al-Shia, 27:131.
The Marja' of Taqleed is a general deputy of the Imam (AS) and not special deputy names by the Imam (AS) like the four deputies who were during the minor occultation. (1. Uthman Ibn Sa'eed 2. Muhammad Ibn Uthman 3. Husain Ibn Rooh 4. Ali Ibn Muhammad Al-Samari).
Thanks for your question.
There are many interesting and well-written books about Imam Mahdi (aj).
I recommend the following ones:
Al-Imam al-Mahdi, The Just Leader of Humanity
An Inquiry Concerning Al-Mahdi
The Promised Savior: An inquiry into the imamate of Imam Mahdi (as) from the viewpoint of Muslim thinkers
The Occultation of the Twelfth Imam (A Historical Background)
That is just one small portion of texts concerning Imam Mahdi (aj) that can be found at Al-Islam.org, there is a whole section dedicated to him (aj):
Hope this is helpful inshaAllah.
Thank you for your question. We have traditions explaining events before the appearance of Imam al-Mahdi (af) and surrounding the way in which he will reappear. These hadith which are prophecies will be one of the best indicators for knowing the Imam (af). Some people will be blessed with knowing him before his reappearance and those are his selected companions who will travel to Mecca and be present when he reveales his identity.
Aside from these there are a number of traits and qualities that an Imam must have and Imam al-Mahdi (af) will display those traits. He will also most likely display proofs of his own as did the previous divine guides.
May you always be successful.
Thank you for your question. There was a group of people that were enemies of the Imams (as) in Kufa but generally speaking Kufa has been a stronghold of the Shia and that is why Imam Ali (as) chose it as his capital. There were Shia in Kufa that joined Imam Husayn (as) and others that were prevented through imprisonment. The hadith of Ahl al-Bayt (as) were also wide spread in Kufa during the lives of the later Imams and the Shii Kufan population was subject to oppression many times during the reigns of the various caliphs. So the premise for the question is not accurate as it is one sided.
May you always be successful.
Every community needs a perfect leadership to guide them to the right and avoid them from the wrong.
Allah The Glorious Has ordered people to follow the prophets then their successors. The last successor of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) is Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) who is at present under occultation by order of Allah (SWT) because of certain circumstances. Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) himself ordered the followers of Ahlul Bayt (AS) to follow during his occultation the most learned pious Ulama. (Wasaa'il al-Shia, Volume 27, Page 131.
Some persons misunderstand the meaning of Taqleed and ask about its validity . We invite them to think :
1. Is it possible for any Muslim to claim that Allah, The Most Glorious wants to leave the Ummah with out guide during the occultation of the Infallible Imam ?
2. Who is the best to guide the Ummah better than the most learned about the teachings of Ahlul Bayt (AS) with piousness?
3. Who can guide the Ummah to Islamic rules on new issues during the occultation better that the most learned and pious, who are the Maraaje' of Taqleed?
No community can remain protected from deviation if they do not follow a pious leadership and there is no leadership in the whole world more pious than our Maraaje' of Taqleed who have the maximum knowledge about Islam and highest level of piousness.
Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) will remove injustice and tyranny from the whole world. His time of re appearance will be filled with injustice and tyranny. That does not means by any mean that we have to add on injustice and wrong to hasten his re appearance, but on the contrary, we remain as sincere followers of Ahlul Bayt (AS) responsible to do and spread good deeds which is the aim of our Infallible Imams and all the prophets (AS).
The bad deeds are from bad people as Allah (SWT) says in Quran: Evil deeds has appeared on land and sea because of what people have committed. Al-Room: Verse 41.
We should always prevent and counter evil deeds by doing and spreading good deeds but our efforts will never be enough, and the injustice and tyranny will go on till the re appearance of The Divine Leader from Allah who will remove away the evil and establish the pan state of Good and Justice.
There is no dichotomy at all.
No. This claim is untrue.
All our scholars accepted every message from Imam Al-Mahdi ( AS) which came through authentic source like the four emissaries.
Thank you for your question. The Imam (af) cannot act to his full effectiveness without the support of the Ummah itself and so it is the Ummah that has chosen this situation for itself. In the same way, the Imams could not prevent the cruelty of the Ummayid and Abbasid dynasties or the injustice of some of the prior leaders as these are the leaders that the Ummah had chosen for themselves in rejecting the leadership of the Imams (as). The injustice in this time is a natural consequence of the physical absence of the Imam (af).
May you always be successful.
As Allah is always supporting the Truth against evil, Imam Al-Mahdi ( AS) being the best Servant of Allah in this time, is always acting against injustice and defending the Ummah against cruelty in ways best known to Allah ( SWT).
When we don’t know how Allah (SWT) is supporting the Truth against the evil in our time, we should not claim that Allah is not defending the Ummah against cruelty.
Same exactly is the situation with The Most Humble Servant of Allah, Imam Al-Mahdi, who is the Divine Leader appointed by Allah ( SWT).