The soul, in many religious, philosophical, and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal essence of a living being. Soul or psyche are the mental abilities of a living being: reason, character, feeling, consciousness, memory, perception, thinking, etc.
Major signs of healthy heart include:
1. Loving Allah (SWT) more than anything or anyone else. In Quran (And the believers love Allah more )(2: 165). Loving Allah (SWT) makes the believer love what Allah wants and keep away from what Allah dislikes.
2. Feeling the taste of talking to Allah in Prayers and supplications as well as the taste of listening to Allah in reciting or listening to Quran. Nothing more tasteful than talking to the Most beloved and listening to His Words.
3. Enjoying performing the Prayers because it is a direct contact with Allah (SWT). Beside the obligatory Prayers, performing the recommended Prayers like Nawaafil and Night Prayers is a sign of healthy heart.
4. Loving Allah's most beloved ones who are the prophets and Infallible Imams, more than loving ourselves and our families.
5. Loving all the creatures of Allah and feeling sympathy to them except the enemies of Allah (SWT).
as salam alaikum
a better translation for "nafs" (which is often translated as "soul") is "self" which is in fact your true self, what control your body and the real addressee of Allah's Speech. Your self can command to evil: "Surely the self is prone to enjoy evil" (12:53). It can reproach himself: "No! I swear by the self-reproaching self!" (75:2). It can also be at peace and his Lord will call him by saying: "O you self at peace! Come back to your Lord well-pleasing and well-pleased..." (89:27-28).
With prayers for your success.
These are some useful acts for your deceased parents:
1. Fulfilling all their debts whether religious debts of worships which they missed (Prayers, Fast, Khums, Hajj etc) or financial or moral debts to people.
2. Paying Sadaqa or charity on their behalf. Charities with continuous benefits (Sadaqa Jaria) is much better like water will, Masjid, Husainia, orphanage, school, etc).
3. Arranging Majaalis on their behalf.
4. Reciting Quran or paying to people who can recite on their behalf.
5. Reciting Ziyarat Ashura and other Ziyarat on their behalf.
as salam alaikum
It has been reported from the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, the following words:
"When a son of Adam dies, his deeds ends except for three: sadaqah jariyah, beneficial knowledge and a pious child who prays for him".
This hadith is found in "Sahih Muslim", "Bihar al-Anwar", "Muniyat al-Murid" and other sources.
Therefore one of the best acts a son can do for his deceased parents is to pray and ask forgiveness for them.
With prayers for your success.
The soul will continue on its journey to the next phase of its existence, whether or not the body is buried. If it were necessary for a body to be buried in order for the soul to progress, the earth would be packed with lost souls since so many people throughout time have died and have not had burials!
However, it is likely that performing the appropriate funeral rites may ease the transition into the next phase of existence.
If you are concerned about someone's soul, you could pray for it.
Allah (SWT) created our spirits before creating our bodies as we read in Hadeeths. Our spirit will leave our body when we leave this world in death. No question of incarnation at all. Every spirit is for the same person and will ever go into another persons body. Allah (SWT) does not lack ability to create spirits for every creature and does not need to incarnate a soul or spirit into another person or creature. It is also against justice to believe in incarnation because it amounts on imposing behavior of a person on another person.
Incarnation claim is a myth .
The Hadeeth says: Allah has created the spirits f people two thousand years before He created their bodies.
The spirits were living where ever Allah has made them to live. We believe in The World of Thar where all people were created but not in their bodies but before that.
Thank you for your question. The soul is immortal meaning that it will not be taken out of existence once Allah has brought it into existence. Death is not the annihilation of the soul but rather its transition from one plane to another. Allah has promised an eternity of bliss in heaven for those that follow His guidance and such a reward is only possible if the soul is immortal.
May you always be successful.
Soul is not immoral at all. There are three types of souls mentioned in Quran;
1. Al-Nafs Al-Ammarah which trends towards bad desires. This Nafs is to be avoided when it instigates towards bad. Allah (SWT) provided man with intellect (Aql) or reason to tackle the bad temptation. ونهى النفس عن الهوى فان الجنة هي المأوى
2. Al-Nafs Allawaamah which blames the person when and after doing bad to rectify him.
3. Al-Nafs Al-Mutma'innah which is in full peace and tranquility because of the high state of Imaan.
To begin with, this is an interesting paper: https://ijwr.ut.ac.ir/article_54600_77e74aa55a96f6f66183458935b59ff6.pdf
Will answer further iA.