Heaven, or the heavens, is a common religious, cosmological, or transcendent place where beings such as gods, angels, spirits, saints, or venerated ancestors are said to originate, be enthroned, or live.
Allah (SWT) The Most Merciful Will grant the believers in Paradise what ever they wish, as we read in Quran (Sura 43, Verse 71) and also in Sura 50, Verse 35.
That does not mean that all the believers in Paradise are in the same degree or rank. Degrees and ranks in Paradise are according to good deeds.
A pious virgin in Paradise will be granted what she wishes according to her degree. Allah's Mercy is over all and it will be more than our imaginations.
Who said that there won't be any children in Paradise? Allah (SWT) will reunite the believers with their children in the Paradise (Sura 13, Verse 23 and Sura 40, Verse 8). In the Hadeeth that all children of the believers who die during childhood will be looked after by Sara wife of Ebraheem and will be offered to enter Paradise, they will say: No till our parents enter Paradise. This means that the children of the believers will enter Paradise with their parents.
Eternal Hell and Heaven
1. The Eternal Paradise for the pious believers is the Grace from Allah and a fulfilment of His promise to the pious believers as He said that the pious believers will be in the Paradise forever
Sura 3, verses 15, 136, 198
Sura Nisaa, verses 13, 57, 122
Sura Al- Maa'ida Verse 85
Sura al-An'aam Verse 128
Sura al-Tauba Verses 22, 72, 89, 100
Sura Hood Verse 108
Sura Ebraheem Verse 23
Sura al-Kahf Verse 108
Sura Taha Verse 76
Sura al-Furqan verse 76
Sura al-Ankaboot Verse 58
Sura al-Ahqaf Verse 14
Sura al-Fath Verse 05
Sura al-Hadeed Verse 12
Sura al-Mujadalah Verse 22
Sura al-Tahabun Verse 09
Sura al-Palaq Verse 11
Sura al-Baiyena Verse 08
2. Eternal Hell and Punishment is not for every sinner. Hadeeth says that the majority of those who go to hell fire will be released from it after they face the punishment of their bad deeds which they insisted on till death. In the narration everyone who has got any part of faith in Allah will never remain in the hell fire forever. Those who will remain in the hell fire are the enemies of Allah and enemies of mankind.Those who insisted on denying the facts and denying the truth and those who have their intention to continue doing wrong and denying the truth even if they remain alive forever. Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (a.s.) was asked by someone why some people will remain in the hell fire forever and why the believers in the Paradise forever. In the reply Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (a.s.) said the reason for that those who had decided in their intentions that they will continue denying the truth and doing wrong even if they remain forever in the worldly life they will face the eternal hell fire and those believers who had intention in their life to obey Allah they will get their intention to obey Allah as long as they remain in life will get the reward in the Paradise forever and the Imam recited this verse “قُل كُلٌّ يَعمل على شاكلته Qol Kullun Ya’malo Ala Shakilatih” Say everyone acts upon His way. Imam said that the intention of the bad people and the intention of the good people resulted in their result either in Hell Fire or Paradise. (Elal al-Sharaa’i علل الشرائع Page 523.).
3. Even in the worldly laws and rules of punishment, a minute of a murder crime because of anger is punished by whole life of imprisonment or even by life sentence. Those who killed innocents and had the intention to kill when ever it suits their arrogance, will be in hellfire for longer periods.
4. We have not yet witnessed the Mercy of Allah on The Day of Judgement and we don’t know it’s limits. Allah’s Mercy and Forgiveness is much greater than our imagination. We know that : any one who does evil will face the results of it. (5:123).
5. Eternal hell is not for all sinners but only those criminals of mankind who committed worst crimes and intended to always commit crimes forever. All sinners who did good and bad will get the Mercy of Allah even after entering the hell if they enter it, according to their good deeds or the Shafa’ah (intercession) which can save them.
Imamah is the divine leadership after the Prophet (SAWA) to lead and guide Muslims to the real teachings of Islam. It was mentioned in hundreds of times by the Prophet (SAWA) including the greatest announcement in Islam on the Day of Ghadeer when the Prophet ordered all Muslims to give allegiances to Ali as the commander of the faithful.
Muslims are required to obey the Prophet (SAWA) as Allah (SWT) says in Quran : Who obeys the Prophet has in fact obeyed Allah.(Sura Annisaa', verse 80).
There are hundreds of authentic narrations in Sunni books about this most authentic prophetic order
When the Qur'an speaks of removing bad feelings in heaven (7:43), it speaks of it for all people in general, not only women. So one can assume that neither men nor women feel bad feelings like resentment or anger or jealousy in heaven.
Jealousy is related to this life because of our restrictions due to our physical bodies and social factors, as well as things such as concerns over lineage, or fear of loss if one's spouse goes to another, but in Paradise, those are no longer considerations since the environment lacks the same restrictions as the material world.
My understanding of verses such as 36:55-57 which talk about spouses enjoying each other's company in Paradise is that it is a general use of the word "azwaj", meaning that human beings in general will be with enjoyable and appropriate partners, not that this is specifically referring to men and their earthly wives.
This is because most human beings have the inclination to unite with another because the human being is incomplete whereas Allah is complete. Therefore in Paradise they would also have the opportunity to unite with others, without the same social or material restrictions that they have here, although of course the greatest pleasure is to be in the presence of Allah.
This is similar to the apparent usage in 4:1 where it speaks of creating the soul and its mate (zawj) in an apparently ungendered fashion, albeit in practice many Muslims, including Yusufali in translation, render this as creating the man and his woman. But the actual language of the Book does not specify this distinction.
So, from this angle, one does not get the sense that specifically a man will be enjoying all the hur al ayns and the woman is bound only to her husband. In fact, that makes no sense because some women marry many times, and some marry no times. Some women also marry men like Yazid who is the last person they would ever see or want to see in Paradise.
However, inshallah if someone wishes to be reunited with their husband or wife in Paradise, they will be able to do so and enjoy each other's company there.
In any case, when we discuss the Hereafter, we really just take our best guess based on our understanding and what has been transmitted - none of us can say with entire certainty; what is certain is that we will find out.
When you pray all the obligatory Prayers and fast the month of Ramadan, it means that you definitely have faith in Allah in your heart. You might have had some doubts or wrong thoughts which are not been dealt with properly and not been cleared yet. Such thoughts might make you think that you lost your faith in religion but in fact you did not.
These are few important points which usually help in similar cases:
1. Be very frank with your doubts and never suppress any question but face it and discuss it by evidence, reason and logic taken from authentic knowledgeable scholars.
2. Don't fear any question and have self confidence that you will find the real answers in the book of Allah and the sayings of the Prophet (SAWA) and his holy Progeny Ahlul Bayt (AS).
3. Seek more guided knowledge from authentic sincere scholars (Ulama) who have experience in similar cases of doubts and questions.
4. Recite Quran with voice which you can hear and try to understand and ponder on its meanings.
5. Recite the sayings of the Prophet and Ahlul Bayt especially in Nahjul Balagha on the subjects of your question. No doubt, the wisdom of the Prophet and Ahlul Bayt (AS) is the best wisdom for any human being who seeks the truth.
Inshallah, although it is possible that your hopes and dreams might change there, since much of what we hope for in the material world relates to our physical circumstances, physical bodies, social circumstances, and so forth. You may also discover that there are new things that you would like to live that you would not have dreamt of here!
Allah (SWT),The Most Merciful, The Most Just, knows who is entitled to be in the Hellfire. We are read in Quran that the enemies of Allah will remain in the Hellfire as they were insisting on doing wrong forever.
We should not waste our time in searching what will happen to others, rather trying our best to save ourselves from bad deeds and sincerely doing good in faith and practice to be with the Righteous in the Paradise.
Hadeeth says: The Paradise in the ultimate place of the believers in Allah الجنة للموحدين
Heaven and earth means sky and earth. Seven heavens means seven skies and seven earths.
Seven heavens are the seven skies above us starting from the first heaven which we can see then other skies above it which are out of our sight.
Allah says in the Qur'an that the only thing that will not be forgiven is that partners be associated with Allah, and that Allah forgives whatever else Allah wills.
Allah also says in the Qur'an that whoever believes and works righteous deeds, including Jews, Christians, and Sabeans, will have a good afterlife.
With that in mind, how can someone exclude some people from heaven just because they are not Shi'i (or Shi'i Ithna Ashari)?
Only Allah has the authority and power to send people to heaven or hell.
Nowadays, also, people often follow religions or sects due to inherited understandings and doctrines. A Sunni who loves certain individuals (who do not have the same status among Shi'is) does so because they have heard very good things about them, or because they believe the Prophet (S) loves them, not because they are trying to fight against the Imams or support wrong.
It is a different situation for someone who actually was alive during the time of Imam 'Ali (A) and saw him and rejected him or physically fought against him. Anyway most Sunnis, and most or all Sufis, respect Imam 'Ali and other Imams, they just have a different understanding of their role.
However, following the teachings of Ahl al-Bayt (A) through the Imams can help develop one's ethics, actions, and spirituality in such a way that can, insha'allah, help with going to heaven. Also one can hope for the intercession of the Imams (A) if one has a close relationship to them and is dedicated to them, and this is also an invaluable gift.
Thank you for your question. There are traditions to the effect that some people will be in hell for a time before being moved to heaven, and that everyone with even the slightest amount of faith will end up in heaven.
In two weeks there is a two part series on hell which will be released on the Scale of Wisdom Podcast. Plz follow the link below to subscribe and receive the updates:
May you always be successful
Prophet Easa (Jesus) (AS) was raised by Allah (SWT) when his enemies tried to kill him, and he is living in the sky since then. We have in the books that he is worshiping Allah in the second sky with the angles.
He will come back to this earth with Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) and will be one of his supporters and will pray behind him.