If the deceased was not an enemy of Allah, you can pray to Allah to bestow His Mercy on those who are entitled. We also need to pray that when we die, we die with perfect faith and piousness.
No. There is a big difference between these two situations. Receiving interest from non Muslims as part of their practice, does not mean that you can invest your money in the bank as a share holder. Muslim is not allowed to buy shares of any company indulged in unlawful (Haraam) business.
There would be no shar'i problem with this, as long as it does not entail anything haram in the process.
And Allah knows best.
At first glance, if you are to selectively read certain passages in the holy Quran, or in the Bible or any other scripture, you might see it to be violent, offensive, or maybe even unethical.
Of course, this is an unfair assessment, especially when there is a strong emphasis on the necessity of understanding the sequence of historical events that, for example, surrounded that verse, or to look at the other verses that speak exactly the opposite of what you just read.
There are important tools that must be used when reciting the Quran, and one of them is called Tafseer. This is the exegesis and commentary that explains the background story to the verse, or the event, and gives an overall explanation to what the text refers to.
I would advice you to see what our tafseer books say about this particular verse, and also what mainstream Islamic scholars say as well.
If you have time, please watch my lecture I delivered a few years ago on this topic:
Thank you for your question. Please see the video below which I hope will address it:
May you always be successful
This particular verse and other verses have always been targeted for the purpose of accusing Islam as being violent and ordering Muslims to kill disbelievers.
I have an online lecture I delivered a few years ago, addressing this verse, and in shaa Allah it will benefit you in giving a comprehensive answer to this question:
We can pray for non Muslim parents, relatives and friends who are still alive, to Allah (SWT) to guide them to The Right Path and enlighten their hearts and minds with the light of the Truth.
For those who passed away as non Muslims, we can pray to Allah (SWT) to deal with them with His Mercy.
We are not allowed to seek forgiveness for those who insisted and died on Shirk (polytheism) as we read in Quran, Sura Tawbah, verse 113: It is not proper for the Prophet and the believers to seek forgiveness for the Mushriks, even though they be of kin.
Allah (SWT) knows the future of every one, and He has The Absolute Wisdom and Absolute Mercy. He ordains (when and how and where should be) the birth of every human being . No one will face any injustice because of others. Allah's Mercy is on and for all and every one will enjoy Allah's Mercy and Justice. Those who were born in Non Muslim families will never be punished because of that, but will be given plenty of chances to know the truth and full ability to decide and follow.
as salam alaikum
this opinion of some Maraji' is based on ahadith like the followings:
It has been reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, said: "There is no Riba between us and the people who fight us".
It has been reported that Imam Sadiq, peace be upon him, said: "There is no Riba between a Muslim and a Dhimmi".
On the other hand, we find hadith like:
It has been reportes that it was asked to Imam al-Baqir, peace be upon him, "Is there any Riba between me and the polytheists"? The Imam answered: "Yes".
All the above-mentioned ahadith can be found in the book "Wasa'il al-Shi'ah" by Shaykh Hurr al-'Amili.
Another evidence is given by the fact that taking the money from a non-Muslim with mutual consent is allowed by consensus; therefore the interest taken from a non-Muslims should fall in the same category.
However Riba is one of the major sins and it is categorically condemned in the Qur'an and sahih ahadith with no exceptions. That is why you may find ulama that have opted for a more precautionary stance not allowing Riba in its absolute sense.
With prayers for your success.
No one will go to hell if he did not deny and insisted on denying Islam, after knowing about the True Faith.
Those who died before knowing the True Faith will be given full chance in the Day of Judgement to know about the True Faith, then they will be tested whether they accept it or not.
Thank you for your question. The dilemma in this question is caused by the way it is framed as it assumes that punishment is in accordance with specific crimes. One direct answer to this question as it stands is to hypothesize that some crimes would have far enough reaching consequences to deserve eternal punishment. Especially, when those crimes include others and have far-reaching implications into their futures and the people surrounding them.
However, another way to answer the question is to re-frame it and examine life as an opportunity in which people choose how to fashion their own afterlife. In this case, it is not God that enforces an external punishment that would be just or unjust, but rather, the solidification of disbelief in the heart, from which there is no coming back as there is no repentance, manifests as an eternal punishment from which there is no hope of salvation.
May you always be successful.
Virtues of Islam are unlimited and can never be confined in few key statements but you can take from them what ever you want depending on the level of education and thinking of the person whom you want to talk to. You can mention these facts:
- Islam is the message from God Almighty to all human beings with no discrimination , to make their life real human, peaceful, successful life.
- Islam is the message from God Almighty based on Quran which is intact with out any change.
- Islam is based on the facts of everlasting miraculous book which challenged all its opponents to bring like it, but no one could bring even one part like it.
- Islam is the Most harmonious combination between reason and heart to make human life balanced, peaceful and meaningful.
- Islam is the message from The Creator of the universe which is based on complete evidence and reason with out any myth or contradiction.
- Islam is the only way of life which secures peace of mind and tranquility in human life.
- Islam is the only religion which is based on justice and fairness in all levels of life being individual or family or social.
- Islam has the most comprehensive rules covering and organizing every matter in life, like no other religion or ideology.
- Islam has the practical solutions for all the problems of people if they follow it properly.
- Islam has the most noble leaders who are the Prophet and his Progeny who are still guiding the whole world to the piousness, justice and fairness.
- Islam is the only religion which is protected from distortion and deviation because of the existence of Quran and Ahlul Bayt which guarantees the straight path of the followers of Islam. These are just few example from thousands or more. Wassalam.