Sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind and body, characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity, reduced muscle activity and inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, and reduced interactions with surroundings. It is distinguished from wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, but more reactive than coma or disorders of consciousness, sleep displaying very different and active brain patterns.
Yes pregnant women can eat, drink ,sleep and do her usual activities during eclipse. It is Makrouh to look at the sun or moon during eclipse.
Sleep which makes us unable to see and unable to hear invalidates Wudu as we will be out of our senses during such sleep.
It is not obligatory to perform Wudu after waking up from sleep, unless we need to perform Prayer. It is recommended to perform Wudu when ever our Wudu is broken e,g after using toilet and after waking up from sleep. Being always with Wudu is highly recommended and has great benefits in this life and hereafter.
We have in our books of Hadeeth and Seerah of the Prophet (SAWA) that he was sleeping less and working and worshiping more. Even in Quran we read: Verily, your Lord knows that you stand (to worship st night) a little less than two thirds of the night, or half of the night or a third of the night) Sura 73, Verse 20.
It is obligatory on every Muslim to perform every obligatory Salat within its designated time. Salat Al-Fajr (Morning Prayer) is being neglected by many persons now a days because of the timing of the office hours and Business hours which made many people don’t get up for morning prayers. This cannot be an excuse at all because the Fajr prayer is obligatory under every circumstance. The narration from the Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon Him and His Holy Progeny) that the person who sleeps and does not perform morning prayer will be called from the sky “O Looser”.
These are some steps which can help the person who wants to perform morning prayers in time:
1) To avoid sleeping late and try to sleep early to have enough hours of rest than get up fresh for morning prayer
2) Avoiding overeating specially before sleeping as overeating can make the person heavy and not able to get up for morning prayer
3) A firm decision in the heart with string will power to get up for morning prayer. This decision will help the person to get up as the narration from Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (A.S.) said “No body is weak when the will power is Strong”
4) Reciting Quranic verses which are the Last Verses in Surat Al-Kahf ( QUL INNAMA ANA BASHARUN MITHLOKUM YOUHA ILAYYA ANNAMA ILAAHUKUMBILAAHUN WAAHIDI FAMAN KANA YARJOO LIQAA'A RABBIHI FALYA'MAL 'AMALAN SAALIHAN WALA YUSHRIK BI'BAADATI RABBIHI AHADA) . It is very useful to help the people who wants to get up.
5) Avoiding the posh bed which makes you sleep more. Try to sleep on a bed which does not make you sleep more than what you need.
6) Trying to get the help of your family members or friends to call you or knock on your door or awake you up for the morning prayer.
7) Using the Alarm in every possible way and now a days you can even use the voice of Adhaan (Azan) that will be in your room which might help you to get up for morning prayer.
8) Before going to bed, repeat “Astaghferullah Astaghferullah Astaghferullah” that will help in omitting the sins because one of the bad effects of the sinful act is to make the body lazy and away from worshipping Allah. Those who commit sins and don’t seek forgiveness will fell very heavy when the time of Salatul Laly comes or even the time of Salatul Fajr also comes.
9) Remembering the great reward of Performing the Morning Prayer as the Hadeeth from The Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon Him and His Holy Progeny) says that the morning prayer is better than whole world “Rak'ata al-Fajr Khairun minad Duniya wa ma Fiha”
10) Remember that performing Salat al-Fajr increases your income and not performing it decreases the income and can cause poverty or financial hardships.
I am sure you as a Muslim know that worship and prayer is the greatest and most effective tool to battle anxiety and stress. As the holy Quran says, with the remembrance of God hearts will become tranquil. By someone seeing prayer as a burden or something that would hinder their mental stability, or even sleeping pattern, this shows they have not yet discovered what true faith and worship is.
The best time to gain focus in life, or rizq, or mental and spiritual stability is fajr time. Adopting a healthy and religious sleeping pattern will enable one to get good sleep, and also fuflil their basic religious requirements.
Of course, it will mean that one would have to change certain things in their daily routine, like avoiding things that keep them awake at night, avoiding caffeine, sleeping early, creating better atmosphere at home, and so on.
There are many ways of getting your good sleep, and also performing fajr prayer in its proper time. This means that the problem is not fajr time disrupting the sleep, but rather having a better routine and stronger reliance in the Almighty.
With prayers for your success.
It is recommended to sleep on your right side of your body making your face and body facing the direction of Qibla.
Yes, it is mentioned in many Hadeeths that sleeping between ASR and Maghrib is Makrouh (disliked) and cause many harms on health and well-being. It can cause mental problems and unhappiness. Hadeeth says: Who sleeps between ASR and Maghrib should not blame but himself when he finds disturbance in his mind. In Makarim al-Akhlaq page 333: Sleeping after ASR causes mental harm.
Nap during the day is good and called Qayloola قيلولة which is after Dhuhr till before Asr.
Yes it is Makrouh (Disliked) to sleep between Fajr and sunrise. Many authentic Hadeeths stated that it is recommended to be busy in that time ( between Fajr and sunrise) in prayers, Du'a, remembering Allah, reciting Quran and any useful deeds but not sleeping unless you are unwell or have another valid reason to sleep then. The benefits of being busy in that time in worship are too many including good health and more sustenance. Sleeping during that time might cause a diverse results on health and sustenance according to the Hadeeth. ( Manla Yahdharuhul Faqeeh, number 1439 and 1440)
From a shar'i perspective, he is permitted to sleep on pure silk. The only prohibition is for a male to "wear" pure silk.
And Allah knows best.
It is narrated from the Prophet Muhammad (S): “Never beat the children if they cry. Fulfill their needs. Because, for the first four months of the life of a child, its cries are a witness to the Existence and Unity of Allah, Almighty." (Bihar al-Anwar)
You should make up the missed prayers and you can also personally ask Allah for forgiveness during du'a.
It is not allowed for a Muslim to deliberately delay his Prayer till its time goes away. Muslim must do every thing possible to wake up and perform Fajr Prayer withing its time.
If he is ill and could not get up for the Prayer, he must perform it as Qadha later on.