A video game is an electronic game that involves interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a two- or three-dimensional video display device such as a TV screen, virtual reality headset or computer monitor. Since the 1980s, video games have become an increasingly important part of the entertainment industry, and whether they are also a form of art is a matter of dispute.
It does not break the fast no matter how bad it is. Fast breaks only in commuting any of the nine Mufattiraat ( fasting invalidating acts)e.g. Eating, drinking, smoking, lying on Allah or on The Infallible etc.
Many sinful acts do not invalidate fast despite the fact that they are sinful.
You can not take back your promise to Allah (SWT) as far as you are able to fulfill it even with reasonable difficulty. If you don't fulfill your promise to Allah, it will a sinful act, and you must face a heavy Kaffara which is called Kaffara of breaking the promise كفارة العهد which is feeding sixty poor believers.
Please refer to this q&a:
Both husband and wife are allowed to enjoy themselves between themselves in any way they like. They can use their hands or any other part of their body to make the other enjoy and even ejaculate, although masturbation is a sinful act if it was committed by a person by himself to himself or by herself to herself.
Every enjoyment is allowed between husband and wife except sexual intercourse when she is in her menstrual bleeding or post natal bleeding. Other enjoyments apart from intercourse e.g. kissing,hugging etc, are allowed between husband and wife always as far as there is no health condition against it. Husband is not allowed to force his wife when her health does not allow her.
Yes, video games are halal to play, and so is any other halal entertainment, as long as it does not entail anything that is haram.
Things that could make it haram is watching indecent scenes, learning bad habits, like swear words, abandoning your obligations, like prayer.
Just a few things to keep in mind when it comes to games:
1. Unfortunately, a lot of games have very graphic content, whether it be nudity or extreme violence. You have to be aware of this, and make the right choices. If its too graphic, with excessive sexual content, or too much violence, then do not expose yourself to this. It's not worth it. Keep your soul pure and innocent.
2. In Islam, vulgar and offensive language and usage of swear words is haram and a sin. It carries many negative consequences, and we must avoid engaging in such conduct. Sadly, many youngsters are exposed to this, in TV programs and in games, so much that we have become desensitized to them. Try to minimize this damage, and do not allow yourself to pick up on such a habit.
3. Time management. Manage your time, and do not become too consumed into the game. Being in front of a screen for a long time is not good at all. Balance your life, and learn to do that on your own. Bit of entertainment, bit of work, bit of study, bit of family, bit of a outdoor, bit of house chores, and so on. Take breaks, especially for salat time, and just make sure you don't lose track of time.
4. If you are under age, approval from parents is very important. Tell your parents what you are playing, what its rated, how much time you are going to spend playing, and so on. If you know your parents do not allow you to play a certain game, or play online, or play too much, comply and respect that. Learn to do as you are told, even if you don't like it.
5. Stay away from online gaming as much as you can, especially if you are young. If you want to play online, make sure there is correct supervision, and you know what you are doing.
6. Do not spend too much money on these things. You don't need to have the latest game, and buy it for highest price just because it is new and just came out. Wait a while, and the price will drop, then buy it. Trade games, and limit your budget. Think about something more generous to do. If you have a console you do not want, give it to a poor person, and give them games as well. Thinking of charity and children who are not as privileged is also a very important thing to do.
With prayers for your success.
Yes, it would be allowed to do such a thing, as long as it does not entail anything that is haram, or illegal.
Haram as in the type of images, or background music, or language used, etc.
And Allah knows best.
According to the narrations, masturbation is a sin and is compared to doing zina with oneself.
We have an example of when Imam Ali (as) had to discipline someone for doing so:
“Once a person was caught masturbating and was brought to Imam 'Ali. The Imam punished him by beating his hands until they turned red; then he made an arrangement for his marriage on government's expenses.
(Wasa'il, vol. 14, p. 267; vol. 18, pp. 574-5)”
Some non Muslim doctors and teachers may try to encourage such acts and say they are ‘healthy’ but such advice which contradicts the divine teachings is worthless.
Masturbation is usually associated with haram acts such as pornography and can turn into an unhealthy addiction which affects one both physically and psychologically.
A Muslim should try their upmost to have self control and dignity. Therefore, seeking marriage whether permanent or temporary is necessary to protect one’s private parts.
A husband or wife may mutually stimulate each other’s private parts; for example, the wife masturbating the husband and vice-versa. If they are away from each other then they cannot use their own hands for such an action until being together.
May Allah swt grant you success
It would all depend on what type of music it is, playing in the background of the game.
I'm sure you know that there is halal music, and there is haram music. Should the music be music that is commonly used for haram gatherings, or have explicit language, the you can play the game, but mute the sound.
Ultimately, you are the one who decides whether it is appropriate to listen to, or not, and your judgment should be based on your correct understanding of halal/haram music.
And Allah knows best.
Playing online games can take long time and can waste your most important capital which is the moments of your life. Money given to you for playing should not be less that the value of your time which you put.
Time during which you do good things and achieve your life aims is more important than playing online for long periods.
Of course not!
Perhaps you are referring to a ruling about painting the picture of a living animal or human being, or making their statues which was forbidden before.
The criterion for this forbidding is that the Arabs, because of their closeness to the time of ignorance, although converted to Islam, had a heartfelt interest in idolatry and preserved their ancestors' works. The Prophet, therefore, strongly prohibited the making of faces and icons to eradicate disbelief and defended monotheism.
So we can conclude that playing those games is not Haram unless another thing comes up, say for example the characters are naked or...
You can sell the games which have no sinful content, but games with sinful contents are not allowed to sell or even gift to others. Games with sinful contents must be destroyed to avoid harming others who might use it.