Homosexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual behavior between members of the same sex or gender.
You must do what ever you can to help your friend and protect her from falling in dangerous sinful acts. You must be completely sure that she is doing or going to do that sinful act. You can inform one of her family members who has more influence on her but not every one if you think that that member of her family can help saving her from sinful acts.
1. Every human being's life is full of tests, as this life is the test, upon its result our everlasting life will be.
2. Desires which can be good or bad, are a challenge which every one is facing as far we are alive, and it depends on our faith and will power, our life will be shaped. Those who lie or usurp the rights of others or blindly follow their desires, do that because of uncontrolled tendencies which instigate them.
3. Every tendency must be scaled in the scale of faith and reason before blindly following it. It is definitely a test and a challenge when a person feels a desire which is against the orders or God Almighty.
Just having an attraction toward something can never justify doing it when it contradicts with the discipline set by The Creator who distinguishes between good attraction and bad attraction. Many persons have sexual attraction towards incest or children or married women and men etc. It must be clear that just feeling the sexual attraction does not legitimize what you are attracted to. Many people are attracted to drugs and billions of dollars are spent in today's world on drugs, but can such attraction legitimize the drugs? Desire is the originator of attraction and it can be be pure desire which initiates attraction towards good things, and can be bad desire which initiates bad attractions.
Allah (SWT) who created us and every thing and knows about every thing has told us to avoid impure desires and never go after evil attractions. In fact it is one of the best forms of piousness is to go against the impure desires (And as for him who feared standing in front of his Lord (Allah), and restrained himself from impure desires, then the Paradise will be his abode. (Sura 79, Verse 40 and 41).
Allah (SWT) did not forbid any act but only because it is harmful )ويحرم عليهم الخبائث (Sura 7, Verse 157)
Allah (SWT) mentioned in Quran (And remember (prophet) Lut, We granted him prophet hood and knowledge and we saved him from the people who used to do evil acts. (21:74) ونجيناه من لقرية التي كانت تعمل الخبائث
Every evil act is forbidden whether some people are attracted to it or no. Millions are attracted to alcohol, drugs, pork, and fornication etc but it remain evil acts in the reality, so it remains forbidden (Haraam). Forbidding evil acts and impure desires is essential to save life and human beings.
One isn’t punished for merely having an attraction to the same gender. We won’t go into the reasons as to why this happens as this is a whole different discussion, however there exists ‘unnatural attractions’ amongst many people.
The point is that just because a person has a certain feeling or attraction, it doesn’t mean that they should automatically act on this.
Someone could have an attraction to the opposite gender, yet it doesn’t mean that they may act on this by committing fornication and haram actions. We even find people who are attracted to animals or small babies and they may not have control of this attraction. The duty for those who have such unnatural attractions, is for them to not act on them.
Unfortunately due to the atheist, subjective morality which is appearing these days, some are now even justifying immoral practices such as incest!
We shouldn’t assume that just because society starts to widely accept a practice, that it is normal and permissible. We should always remember that our worldview is extracted from the Quran and sunnah.
If a man is attracted to other men but refuses to act on this and commit forbidden actions, then he will be rewarded inshallah. If we use the logic that him having such an attraction is ‘natural and uncontrollable’ then the same argument could be put forth for those who have incest related attractions.
There are converts to Islam who had such an attraction but didn’t act on this.
May Allah grant you success
as salam alaikum
In general, Islam encourages friendship with pious people and those who have a good religious influence on your personality and religiosity. So, to answer your question, you should first look at piety and religious/good influence of a certain person or group.
Islam also do not condone fornication, adultery or any intimate relation outside an Islamic-validated marriage. A Muslim is therefore called to preserve and support Islamic values before anything else.
With prayers for your success.
- We need first to define the term (Human Rights) and be clear that it should be disciplined by the proper authority of Noble Values, not the desires.
- Human Rights are the rights granted by The Creator, Allah, The Glorious, to every human being with out discrimination. Human Rights aim to provide every human being with an equal share in responsible freedom ( with out harming himself of others) and dignity and basics requirements of life with respect.
- Human Rights slogan should not be misused by those who want to justify sinful desires by labeling them under Human Rights. Today we find people who try to justify and legalize damaging acts like prostitution under the label of Human Rights.
- Human Rights should be away from any act which harms the present of future of the human beings. Such acts are instigated by desire and desire can never be the authority of Human Rights against the Noble Values.
- Those who claim certain acts which are forbidden in religion as part of Human Rights want to disturb the whole system of human kind based on noble values and replace it to a jeopardy of the desire and take the desire as their authority.
- Desires have no limits and it can lead the whole human kind to disasters. When they put the desires as their authority of Human Rights, can they then stop incest sexual relations from using same term? Many other sinful acts instigated by sinful desires will be justified by the same so called Human Rights.
- We Muslims, respect and abide to the law of our counties where ever we live , but we can never accept any act which is forbidden by The Creator Allah in our religion and all the Holy books, no matter how people want to name it. We are sure that whatever is forbidden by Allah, is definitely damagingly harmful now and in the future. Wassalam.
This is really a personal question. Some people thrive on engaging with these social issues, whereas others do not. Insofar as it does not harm anyone, it is good to be self-aware and acknowledge what is beneficial and harmful for ourselves and our faith, and then attempt to live in a such a way that is beneficial for our peace of mind and faith. This would include decisions on where to live, where to work, and who to socialize with. Certainly, there are enough Muslims engaging with these issues today, and so it isn't necessary for every single Muslim to do it.
Secular humanism can a complicated matter, since it is heavily involved in the educational system in some countries, and most people adopt the dominant beliefs of their country and integrate them into their religious views. Of course, secular humanism has good and bad points like everything else. When one considers these ideas analytically rather than just absorbing them, it can deepen one's faith, but, again, that is personal! Do keep in mind that the Prophet lived in a society that did not support the views he was teaching and yet Islam took root there.
As Muslims, we are encouraged to be aware of the world around us. However, in this day and age, many people suffer from information overload. It simply isn't possible or healthy to follow every issue all the time. It is good to be selective in what one wants to focus on - not to have a biased or slanted view of the world (as happens often) but simply in order to use one's time and mental energy well. Social media is usually the cause of this overload, and it is easy to regulate one's use of social media.
Thank you for your question. There is no textual evidence to support that there will be homosexuality in heaven. It is reasonable to say that that will be because any desire for the same sex will be removed before entering heaven.
May you always be successful.
Thank you for your question. Firstly, traditional scholars argue that people are not born with homosexual inclinations and they do not accept these findings as an accurate narrative of the facts. However, if for the sake of argument we accept that they are, then just like any other inclination to sin a homosexual is required not to act on those inclinations. In the same way that someone may argue that some people are naturally more inclined to rape, violence or murder, that does not means that they should necessarily be free to act on those inclinations. The people of Lot were punished because of sinning in the same way that other communities were punished because of their sins.
May you always be successful
Allah forgives all the sins if the person is sincere in repenting and deciding not to do it again and seeking forgiveness. Allah says in Quran ( Say: O my servants who did much harm to themselves ( by committing lot of sins) ; Don’t lose hope from the mercy of Allah, surely Allah forgives all sins, He is The Forgiver, The Merciful) Sura Al-Zomar : 53.
We Muslims believe in Quran being The perfect Word of Allah The Glorious.
If you read Quran, you will see why did Allah The Glorious punish the people of Lut. (Sura Hood : 82 and Sura Al-Hijr: 74.)